Saturday, April 14, 2007

Holiday Plans

So I've been thinking about the summer. Yeah, I know. We've got 8 weeks of school left yet, but I'm so ready to think about the 8 weeks I don't have anything to do. ;)

The bad news: Mel wants an edumacation. How dare she want better prospects and job opportunities. If they ever find her application.

So Mel wants to save her pennies... plus Dismalworld put a dent in both our pockets this winter.
And I have my new car payments to consider. (Vroom Vroom Vroom goes the Mini Cooper)

So we're thinking low budget for this year... and something near Mel.

I was thinking of flying/driving out to PA, and staying with Mel a while, and maybe Clare could come out (with or without the significant other). I thought it might be fun to do a Road Trip to someplace like Boston... because I've never been to New England. The farthest I've gone in that direction is New York City. Really now, for a world traveler like me, I'd love to notch some up on my belt.

Plus, Mel might be moving... the same time we were thinking of planning our traditional vaca.

I think for the summer of 2008, that we should plan on something more grand... and I think the Grand Canyon is an excellent suggestion.

Thoughts, anyone?

No comments: