Friday, January 23, 2004

Okay, so I've been a little lax in updating... Let's start with a:

Spanish Word of the Day: Cacahuate (ka ka hwa tay) - yeah, I know it sounds like a bad word, but it is actually the word for peanut.

"Found a peanut, found a peanut, found a peanut just now, just now I found a peanut, found a peanut just now" (Girl Scout Song Flashback)

One of my students brought me some Spanish Peanut Brittle. It was pretty good.

Finals week was okay. I felt like I should have gotten a lot more done, only having two classes a day and all. It's so hard to get motivated to work after all the students are gone and everyone else has disappeared as well. Kept bringing home stacks of papers to grade... ummm... no.

Skipped choir for Varekai this week. One word -> awesome - in the traditional sense. (full of awe) Best Chrimbo prezzie I've ever bought for Mom. Now I just need to get a bit of repayment. I got two people who owe me moolah now. Bwahaha.

I was stupid and left my phone in the back of Mom's truck and had to retrieve it. So did a triple duty. Free food, free laundry, and free yarn. Mentioned to Mom I had a baby blanket to make and she dragged me upstairs and gave me yarn. Started to make a pattern I found on the internet. It's kinda web shaped. I hope it will be cool, as long as the increases are okay. It was trying to do a little poochy thing in the middle. Bad Blanket, Bad.

On the homefront, Netflixed The January Man. Cool old movie with Alan Rickman (grrr) and Kevin Kline (uber grr).

Also started Canterbury, the screenplay. Was a bit worried when Liarbyrd didn't respond to my emails right away. Thought it was bad. But she liked it! She really liked it! Must write more to impress her with my adaptation skills. We also discussed the slight mourning period when we had to say goodbye to Clare, Al and the Bunch. It's nice to bring them back from the back burner of the mind. We've missed them!

No comments: