Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Matt Damon is My Hero

Now I really never thought I'd say it, but Matt Damon is my newest hero. I watched the first half hour of Project Greenlight last night before I had to go off to choir. I had one of those moments where I actually wanted to jump into the television and give that man a hug.

As a participant of Project Greenlight, I told myself that I would not be disappointed that my script was not one of three out of 4,000, as long as the script that won was brilliant... or perhaps even slightly shiny.

Imagine how furious I was when they picked a piece of crap... over a definitely brilliant script... the... um... The One About Time Travel With The Really Long Title. Had they picked The One About Time Travel With The Really Long Title, I could have sat back and said, okay, I can live with this.

Matt Damon said some pretty harsh words on the episode last night. To paraphrase, "I've never picked a script because of how much money I think it's going to make," and "You're sitting next to the King of Horror, Wes Craven, and he says the script is a piece of crap."

Two Words: Train Wreck

No comments: