Tuesday, April 26, 2005

IMDB is Really Cool

Was playing around on the Internet Movie Database and looked at the top 250 films, according to user votes. I was amazed at how many foreign flicks were on the list… so I decided to make a quiz.

Here’s a list of 16 foreign films that made the IMDB top 250 list. Without looking, (or cheating too much), what is the original language and English title of each movie?

The Movies I’ve seen:
1. Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo
2. Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi
3. Wo hu cang long
4. La Vita è bella
5. Det Sjunde inseglet
6. Mononoke-hime
7. Hotaru no haka
8. Hable con ella
9. Trois couleurs: Rouge
10. Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le

Movies I’d like to see:
11. Shichinin no samurai
12. Cidade de Deus
13. Untergang, Der
14. Ying xiong
15. Ladri di biciclette
16. Diarios de motocicleta

2 comments:

Nancey said...

Number 6 is Princess Mononoke and it's Japanese.

10 is Amelie, French.

And 16 is the Motorcycle Diaries, which I've seen.

I'm not very good with forgein languages, really.

Athene19 said...

Uhm...

1 is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in Italian
4 is Life is Beautiful (Italian)
9 is Three Colours Red (French)
10 is The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain (French) which I presume is the same as Amélie
12 is City of God (Portugeuse)
16 is The Motorcycle Diaries (Spanish?)

I think I did well (if I did it correctly!) Wouldn't be able to translate from English but I'm quite good this way around! :)