Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dreams of the Eye

Okay, so last night I had a weird dream. I was on the London Eye... you know, the big ferris wheel... and it fell over (something to do with terrorists, I believe). I remember seeing the ground come rushing up, and thinking oh F**K! Then suddenly I was in the Thames and swimming for it. I managed to rescue myself, but I think there were several other casualities. I think at one point, I was back on the street, helping a man with a leg wound, and sending Clare for a surgeon, because she'd know where to go. (Persuasion fans... sound familiar?)

Anyway, it wasn't as disturbing as a dream I had over the weekend, where during class, I got a sticky note from the office that said one of my ELD students had just died while car surfing. I told my class about it today, and the student seemed a little creeped out by it... I wonder why.

The dream continued to where a school counselor and I were riding in an elevator. The counselor was being way too cheery, telling something about a homily that I was supposed to say at the funeral. I was completely confused by this, as I thought she was supposed to be offering grief counseling, not light and happy advice.

On a completely different note, the rents are in a giving away mode after putting the house up for sale. Liz and I carted an exercise bike, a dresser, a bookshelf, a nightstand, and a 2 drawer set up to our apartment on Saturday. It took two trips in the truck. My mom also gave us four sacks/boxes of books that Liz went through. I think her "keep" pile was bigger than her "used bookstore" pile. Sometimes she's slightly overambitious. She's the only one I know who can balance like 25 library books at the same time... and I thought I was literate.

No comments: