Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Perpetually Carsick

So the principal walks in to my period 4. Sounds like a joke? It is.
He tells me of the new changes they're making at the semester.

They are taking Judy's 2nd period ELD writing class and folding it into my 4th period ELD 1. Then they are giving her a regular Freshman English class while I have to teach 2 classes at the same time.

Now I suppose this makes sense on paper. 16 students + 11 = 27 kids in a class. That makes it nice and full. Now I just get to worry about how to deal with those new students and how to fit an added prep into my schedule.

We're losing 4 teachers and 1 grumpy secretary at the semester. The grumpy secretary is retiring, and they aren't replacing her. After a conversation with Patti of next door, I find that we're losing one art teacher and one English... I have no idea where the other two are coming from.

Now I know that it's not their (Administration) fault, but it doesn't make the situation any less tolerable, or laughable. I wouldn't want to be them, either, having to make all the decisions and informing people about their jobs.

On top of everything, I still feel icky from this weekend where I did nothing but lay on the couch and watch movies or sleep. Everytime I move, I feel carsick. Fun huh?

No comments: