Friday, May 13, 2005

Depression

Okay, so the having 5 preps is really starting to catch up to me. I thought I planned a really neat lesson that used technology and would really help my Period 5 regular English class start their research paper.

Students were supposed to go to my class blog and follow the directions there which include submitting their research paper question in a comment. Instead, most of them waisted their time by posting crude, rude, and nasty comments about each other. I had to pull them out of the computer lab, and drag them back to class... which is on the complete other side of school.

To top it off, they were all late getting there, because someone had torn the sign off the door that told them where to go. They were all standing outside in the hallway until I called the teacher next door to me to check on them.

Fool me twice, shame on me. For Period 2 and 4's sign today, I peeled up my window sign and put it on the inside. Ha.

Either way, still rather down today. I think I need some serious cheering up to do.

My choir concert is tomorrow. Crud. That reminds me. I gotta bake two dozen cookies tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to get a comment thingy that you can edit. yah.. i know, thats really helpful huh?