Monday, May 02, 2005

Lights Out!

So I think the Ghost of Wilson's Past was having a party today. I guess since we didn't have class yesterday, he thought he'd act up today.

First of all, as I was washing my hands in the bathroom, the lights flicker out. Good thing for the skylight. 20 seconds later they flicker back on. Cool. Go back to the classroom. No lights, no clocks, no computers, no DVD player. Yes, on one of the only lessons that I have planned to use a DVD player, (I even hauled the PS2 to school for the purpose,) there's no electricity. Someone has also apparently let off a bunch of stink bombs downstairs.

So we close the door and deal. They finally get the bells working, and the speakers about an hour later. Great. Bells, and no lights. Then the fire alarm goes off. Then they make an announcement to ignore the fire alarm. Ten minutes before school gets out, Voom, light! Now that it's too late. I did manage to reboot my computer and give out grade reports to Period 7.

La.

No comments: