Sunday, June 12, 2005

Earthquakes, Instant Messaging and Cat Puke

So I get out of bed this morning, grab some banana bread and sit down at my computer. Thought maybe I'd get some actually writing done. Then I got interrupted... by Act of God. Doesn't happen very often.

I debated about moving over to the doorway, as I could tell it was just a little roller, big enough to catch my attention, but not big enough for any damage. I went online and reported it on the USGS website, and found out it was a 5.6 near Anza... that's about 150 miles away from here. (Yeah, I looked it up on the map. Had no idea where it was before.)

The second interruption was an email from Clare, so I decided to go onto Yahoo Messenger and chat with her... which I'm still doing. So much for my resolution to finish my book before hopping off to England.

I tried to call Mel, but both of her phones were busy. A bit later I called and she explained she couldn't join Clare and I in our chat because her new cat had received vaccinations yesterday, and last night had puked in their bed, while they were still in it.

She's been cleaning all morning.

One word: Ewwwwwww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Anza... come on. That's RIGHT next to camp. Remember the town you have to drive through when you go through the Temecula way? Yah... now they have a Dairy Queen.