Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One Day More

So I've had two songs running through my head all day long: "One Day More" from Les Miserables and "3 Lions" by the Lightning Seeds (it's a British footie song... and the only reason why I know the title of the World Cup Trophy).

I've also learned a few lessons.

1. When teaching ELD kids during the World Cup, one must have a computer tuned into SportsIllustrated.com score updates at all times. Otherwise the kids will beg to turn on the TV, although it has no antenna for reception, or they'll hang themselves out the window, trying to get their little radios tuned in.

2. Voting for the USA in football is like voting for a Democrat in Orange County. Never gonna win. Ever. So my official team I'm rooting for is England (thus the 3 Lions on a shirt running through my head).

3. Trying to get straight answers out of administrators at the end of the year is futile. I still can't figure out why I count 34 kids next year for ELD 2, and they're at 24. Glug!

4. Writing a screenplay is hard work. Actually, the writing is easy... revision is HARD. Completing a Screenwriting revision course this summer... but have started already. Now I've got to figure out which screenplay I'm going to submit.

5. Must make cheesecake, wash dishes, and clean bathroom before roomie arrives home from vacation tomorrow.

6. Must write on Blog more often. Two months. Blegh! Will try more in future.

7. Less than a month til my birthday! Still not 30th yet. Hallelujah!

8. Congrats to lil' sis for amazing bike ride. Looks like they had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Nancey said...

I was going to say it's about time you posted, but then I read your snarky little comment about not being 30 yet. That's just mean. :)

Athene19 said...

I can be meaner... I'm not 30 for another 3 years! (evil snigger)