Monday, March 15, 2004

Beware the Ides of March!

Spanish Word O' the Day: Marzo - March

The Ides of March has always had a dual significance for me. It's the day of "We May Have To Let You Go" in the teacher world. They have to notify you by March 15 if your position is in jeopardy or they don't plan to rehire you next year. So today, no news is GOOD news. :)

The Ides of March have arrived, but they have not yet gone, so I shall be on my toes.

On Saturday, Lizzie and I were off to see our favorite musical. We were supposed to meet at 1:30 at the theater and ended up meeting at Carl's/ Green Burrito where we both must have decided we couldn't wait to eat until dinner.

I think I was overall impressed with the Azusa production. The voices were excellent, though Percy's mike kept fuzzing. The costumes were quite entertaining, but someone really ought to fire the person in charge of hems. They were the worst I'd ever seen. One must remember to hem the dress AFTER placing the bustle under it. On one dress, the hem literally was five inches wide and had a three inch V in the front. Chau-Chau's costume really needed some help. First of all, they didn't put him in any kind of waist-coat, and secondly, his blacks didn't match.

We went out to dinner after the play and were quite downhearted to discover that our favorite manager was "no longer with the company." Sigh.
And, my chicken was burnt.

On Sunday I watched two excellent movies: Whale Rider, and Adaptation. I bawled through Whale Rider, and Adaptation I enjoyed, though I thought the ending went a little over the edge.

No comments: