Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Spanish Word (Phrase) of the Day: Hace Calor! - It's hot! - Only because I don't know how to say "What's with this freakish weather??" (My guess: Que pasa con el tiempo loco?)


So I've got the windows to my classroom open and the light 1/3 on. The door is propped open with a ruler and book combination (The Penguin Book of Rennaisance Verse... in case you were wondering. I tried Herman Melville, but it was too small.) The open door creates a nice crossbreeze that rustles my paper Shamrocks I've got strung up across the whiteboard.

The most exciting thing is at the end of lunch a gaggle of girls came running into my classroom (door being conveniently open) and shouted that two girls and a guy were smoking weed in the girls' bathroom. So I called the office, and went to investigate. The art teacher next door came with me to investigate. We concluded that it probably was just cigarrettes, but still, they'd managed to leave ash and a plastic bag all over the last stall. So the admin sent up a Staff Assistant who carted the five girls downstairs who could give descriptions. Now why would a guy think he could go unnoticed smoking cigarettes in the girls' bathroom???

Life returned to normal. I wrote up my lesson plans for tomorrow just in case I have Jury Duty and then realized that I left my &#@#$^ grade sheets at home... which means if I DO have jury duty tomorrow, I have to come to school to turn in my sheets. Goody.

No comments: