Friday, October 22, 2004

Long Week

Man, Monday seems so long ago... and there's a story I'd like to tell about it, but I'm afraid I can't tell you about it. Just that Nikki got busted!

Tuesday was choir night. I did another one of those listen and pretend to sing and only sing when the altos got low enough for me to sing baritone. I also had an English Department meeting that lasted two BLOODY hours after school.

Wednesday was fun. Lizzie and I went coffee shop hunting. We drove down Broadway to four cafes I had found on the internet. After driving all the way to Long Beach Blvd without stopping (mainly because we sighted potential cafe as we drove past), we headed back and finally ended at a place called Library. It was cool in the atmostspere department. It had brick walls that were lined with crazy photos and bookcases of used books you could purchase for a dollar. There were all sorts of mismatched comfy chairs and coffee tables. Unfortunately on the way out, Lizzie tripped and sprained her ankle. "Is she okay, Miss Mathis?" Suddenly one of my former students appeared - one from Rogers that I based a character in my screenplay on. It was rather random.

Thursday was class night. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my pages. I was concentrating on sensory and didn't get enough plot or dialog... which is funny because usually I have the opposite problem. On the way home, Lizzie asked me to stop by and pick her up an ace bandage. So I wandered into the grocery store at about 10:30. I think it's back to being open 24 hrs after the grocery strike. I grabbed a bandage, some fruit bars and a bunch of bananas. The line was literally ten people deep. Finally when they got a second line open, I got in the wrong one. Slooooooow! This was all made worse by the fact that I had to peeeee. I looked back when I was second in line and saw there were now 10 people waiting in both of the lines. Fun.

No comments: