Friday, October 29, 2004

Word On High

So Word On High (aka Mom) has come down and told me I can't talk about my family online. Well here's me thumbing my nose at Ma.

Let's start off with The Oldest sister, shall we?

I've always been impressed with Nikki's grace. From the calmness and surety of the way her fingers move over a keyboard, to the silent presence her posture makes in a room, Nicole has always exhibited a smoothness of motion that reminds me of a ballet. She'll always be smarter than me. It used to kill me when she'd make my papers bleed, but now that I do it myself, I know what an impact a good critical eye can have on a piece of writing. She's a great critic and editor. She's got a gift for the expository where I sometimes run away from. Nikki's organized in ways I could never hope to be. She's a perfectionist, but willing to compromise where it counts. And did I mention she sails and cooks too?

The Youngest:

Tricia excels in areas I couldn't hope to imagine being proficient at. She's got four phones and manages them all with the strategic precision of a general. I'd have lost at least 2 by now. She's a natural leader. I muddled my way through my terms as Worthy Advisor. Tricia ran the show for over a year and made it look effortless. She has a real drive to find a job that brings her not only success, but challenges her in new ways. She has a nack for dealing with kids that sometimes flumoxes me. Tricia has an easy speech and wit that turns confrontational into conversational, making her the greatest people person I've ever met. She got a natural nack for networking and resource building. And if she ever wanted a date, my guy students ALWAYS point her out of the picture of the three of us... and want to know who she is.

So Mom, Blegghghghghgh.

No comments: