Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Spanish Word of the Day - Pantuflas - slippers (don't ask why... just like the sound of it. Found it here.) It's a subsite of Activities for ESL.

Today's been one of those days that feels like it should be a Friday and not a Wednesday. I woke up this morning with a monster sinus headache that the ibroprofin only pushed to the back of my head for a while.

It didn't help that during Period 1 I lost all but 5 of my students to the nurses and their hearing and vision tests. I also made time for Sra. Coto to come in and give a short presentation on a parent institute. The remarkable thing was that I understood most of the presentation... and she talks quite quickly. I told my students that I understood most of it and they cheered. I guess that's how they feel most of the time when stuff is said quickly in another language.

Didn't get to choir last night. I didn't want to infect any of the "elderly" ladies with my cold, not to mention the fact that every few bars would be followed by coughing.

Tonight I plan to veg in front of the TV and watch Enterprise and Angel.

No comments: