Tuesday, February 10, 2004

SWOTD: Amistad - friendship

I had an interesting weekend.

On Saturday I started off the day by helping do a speech workshop for Mom's Rainbow Girls. It included some hints on how to walk, talk, sit, stand, and how to win the ritual competition coming up in March. Then after lunch I helped Mom try and teach the girls how to crochet. They really seemed to think that after one lesson they should be able to quickly make scarves like nobody's business. They were quite frustrated, even though I kept telling them, "You can't expect to sit down with a guitar and instantly know how to play it." It takes time to learn.

I went back to my parents house to finish the scarf that I managed to make, and watched Freaky Friday, the latest version. Very cute.

On Sunday, I went sailing with Nikki and Michael and they kept asking me about Liz's marathon plans. Michael seemed unimpressed that she WALKS the marathon. Nikki wanted to know why I wasn't walking marathons, and I asked her why she wasn't going with Michael. "I hate running." Checkmate. There was a bit of wind in the harbor, but when we tried to go out to the ocean, the wind died so we headed back.

We went out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory, after playing a round of skeeball and picking up Michael's mail.

Monday was a lazy day, I was in my pj's until 4:00 when I had to get ready for a choir board meeting day. I watched The Third Man... great film noir movie. Classic! And some great views of post war Vienna.

Oh, yes, and today's assignment for my writing class was to complete a character sketch for a story they are going to start writing on Thurs. I started giving an example about a character I've been working on for a screenplay idea, and they all started ooohing and aaahhhing. They thought I was describing a real person... my boyfriend.

"Why are you turning RED, Miss Mathis? If he's not really your boyfriend?"

eye roll

btw. According to Claudia - 30 is old.

No comments: