Thursday, February 19, 2004

SWOTD: aburrido - no, not something you eat. Boring Like I have been accused of being.

I'd like to state for the record, I'm busy, not boring. I just wish I could update my blog from school. Then at lunch, rather than emailing myself and forgetting to post it, I could blog away!

So what's up?

Well, last weekend was pretty cool. On Saturday, I met Lizzie and we went to LACMA. We figured it was the least V-Day like thing we could do. The museum's permanant exhibits was eerie quiet... like we weren't supposed to be there. We meandered through and got a lot of philosophizing done. The theater costume exhibit was really cool. So was the guy who only painted numbers and letters over and over again. We walked over to Johnny's and had an early dinner before going back to museum for two films - Midnight Cowboy, a sort of Of Mice and Men story about a rather loveably stupid cowboy hustler (male prostitute), and Billy Liar, a Walter Mitty story about a guy who lives completely inside his imagination. They were quite different from each other, but I enjoyed them both.

On Sunday, I arrived at the rents with In'N'Out (always helps to have an initial peace offering) and did my laundry while crocheting and having my fill cable television. Watched like three episodes of Queer Guy, and was not detered from watching Criminal Intent, even though Tricia said it was the worst of the Law and Order. "Because you already know who did it. They tell you!" I agree somewhat. I like the detectives from SVU and the original series much better.

On Monday, I worked on and submitted Princess Charming to Project Greenlight. Man, it gets expensive.

$20 to register it with the Writer's Guild
$30 to register it with the Library of Congress (Copyright Office)
$30 to register it in Project Greenlight

Total: $80 per screenplay. Not a cheap hobby here.

Choir was Tuesday. David the Director has picked out a solo for me where the choir will be ooozing behind me. It's got a few atonal parts (That's Bernstein for you) and goes up to an F#. I'm glad he's got confidence in me. It's not a sitting down song.

Yesterday I watched True Grit and Wallace and Grommit before watching Enterprise and Angel. Very amusing. Rooster Cogburn, played by John Wayne in True Grit, and the sequel - Rooster Cogburn that I watched last week in my K Hepburne-athon, somehow strangely reminded me of Dad. It was kinda creepy that way.

No comments: