Monday, May 17, 2004

Twilight Zone and Bernstein

SWOTD: Concierto de coro - Choir concert.

Despite all the mess ups and tenative screwiness that preceeded the concert, it really came off well. I only messed up once during my solo, and nobody noticed... except David the Director.

Everyone did a great job and despite the low turn out, I heard nothing but positive comments. I finally actually got to listen to some of the lyrics of "Best of All Possible Worlds," a song from Candide about marriage. A teacher tells his students to ask him questions. One of the questions is about divorce. If marriage is such a blessed event, why do so many people get divorced. His answer: Divorce is a good thing. It allows people to be married over and over again. I almost started laughing behind them.

I have no problem of smiling on stage. Rainbow taught me well. There's actually a little bit of ventrilliquism involved in smiling and talking to the person next to you to tell her that she needs to stop singing your part and sing her own. Sigh.

Anyway, today Period 2 was a Twilight Zone... The ten minute bell rang ten minutes early... then I realized that the clock was ten minutes fast. So they rang the bells by hand. Later, when trying to figure out what time we should go to the library, the clocks were 10 minutes slow. When we actually got to the library, the clocks were on time, but an hour fast.

I've been keeping a close eye on them, and they seem to be fixed. Goody. Can't wait for the day to be over. I'm starting to get a bit of summer fever. We have two full weeks left of school, then Memorial Day, then three days and Finals start that Friday and continue to Graduation on the 10th. Scary Really.

No comments: