Friday, May 28, 2004

Random Acts of Eye Poetry

SWOTD: Un dolor en mi ojo. - A pain in my eye

My eye is twitching.
I don't know why.
The bottom lid
of my right eye.
Not enough for
someone else to see
just enough to
annoy the heck out of me.

I didn't mean for that to come out in poetry, but it rhymed so just consider it a RAP Random Act of Poetry.

It started twitching while I was watching Ben-Hur. I can't believe I've never seen that movie before... and let me tell you how mad I was when the disk was unplayable in two parts. Sure, the movie's 3 1/2 hours long, but when you miss the big scene where his friend betrays him and sends him to the galleys(row, row, row your boat) and then you flip over to side B and miss the scene where Esther converts to Christianity and wants to drag the poor lepers out to hear him speak? I was irky. At least the chariot scene was complete.

I went to bed before finishing the documentary about it narrated by Christopher Plummer. Did you know there have been 4 film versions of Ben-Hur? And we have the author of the book to thank for the film copyright infringment standards. He was the first person to sue a film company for using his book without permission. It went all the way to the Supreme Court who ruled in his favor.

This eye twitch is going to get old very quickly. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

No comments: