Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Quilt Shows and Football Games

This weekend I headed over to the Long Beach Jewish Community Center to "volunteer" myself to help with Mom's quilt show. She was treasurer and so most of my time was spent sitting in a chair trying to pretend that I wasn't guarding the stash of money. I did get a chance to "white glove" which means I donned white cotton gloves and volunteered to turn over the quilt edges to show the back of the quilts if anyone wanted to see. I spent a few minutes picking threads off my mom's quilts... because if I was going to show my quilts to hundreds of people, I'd have done that BEFORE they were hanging and being looked at.

After the quilt show on Saturday, Liz and I headed over to Ken and Annelisa's for the football game. They had a TV set up on the back patio... though it took a few hours for the sun to set and the glare to go away. We had some of Ken's yummy sausage and Annelisa offered her clam chowder... though I didn't take her up on the offer.

The first half of the game was pretty gut wrenching... as we were actually losing for the first time in a very very long time, but we creamed them 45 to 13.

No comments: