Thursday, July 10, 2008

And We’re Off!

June 24, 2008

So I got piped through the security maze and as far as I know, am still in possession of my belongings… that's if my luggage makes it onto the plane.

Called Mel. She's excited… she better be. Seriously.

Got the airplane stomach and the Starbucks Coffee. Also brought banana, string cheese (2), and an apple. The lady next to me is describing her "big city airport" experiences too someone on the phone. She's got the best natural Jewish Mom accent I've ever heard. I hope that's not offensive, but I kept expecting her to say, "Oi Vey!" after she complained that the Skycabs cost two dollars.

Who the hell travels in black Capris, a blue t-shirt and black patent leather stiletto heels? Seriously… not the Jewish mom. She's wearing the more traditional dark blue matching cotton outfit… like something Mom would wear… but in orange. Can't see her shoes, but she does have a really ugly floral Mom Purse. Really, Stacy and Clinton have made me a lot more intolerant for men who wear blue toed white socks with sandles, or new age hippies in tie dye platforms and an out fit that, without the pin strips, would fit right in on the set of Ghandi… made complete with the Starbuck's bag and coffee. The more I look around, the more horrified I become.

Wow, that airline worker kinda looked like Alton Brown.

Mmm… coffee buzz kicking in. Wow. Jewish Mom has a boatload of prescription drugs bundled away in that Mom Purse.

8:00 am

After waiting a bit for the flight attendant to figure out seating arrangements for Mom and 3 young kids plus another party, looks like I'm in a middle seat a row in front of 6 kids under the age of ten… and a few rows in front of a gaggle of teenage girls who appear to be traveling alone. Anyway, we'll see which proves more annoying. I must say that minus 80 some odd pounds make the airline seat a hell of a lot more comfortable. Boy behind having tantrum. Score one for the rug rats.

There's always that moment before taking off when my stomach goes wild with the pressure of impending doom. Now the attendants are having problems with the auto safety display. Peachy.

No comments: