Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flight Fun

June 25, 5pm ish.

Rugrats won. Yes, the mom let her daughter kick the back of my seat for most of the flight and I was treated to bouts of Annie, temper tantrums, threats, and Take Me Out to the Ball Game. The woman next to me kept falling asleep and leaning next to me, but the Asian gentleman in the window seat was quite amusing. At the beginning of the flight he demanded a carpet.

Flight Attendant: Excuse me sir?

Asian Gentleman: Carpet! Carpet!

I knew exactly what he wanted, but resisted the teacher urge to correct his vocabulary. Blanket! He wants a blanket! Later, another mishap during the beverage service.

Flight Attendant: And for you, sir?

Asian Gentleman: Beer!

Flight Attendant: I'm sorry?

Asian Gentleman: Beer!

Flight Attendant: Bud, Bud Light, or Heinekin?

Asian Gentleman: No. Beer!

Flight Attendant: Budweiser, Budweiser Light, or Heinekin?

Asian Gentleman: Beer!

Flight Attendant: (SIGH) What kind of beer, sir?

Asian Gentleman: Oh. Yes. Hi Kin.

Flight Attendant: (Relief. Passes over beer… drips on me.) Five dollars.

Asian Gentleman: No. Free.

Flight Attendant: No, five dollars.

Asian Gentleman: Free!

Flight Attendant: No, alcohol is five dollars.

Asian Gentleman: Oh. Cola.

I must say that the flight attendant never lost his patience.

No comments: