Thursday, July 10, 2008

York Part 3

July 2, 3pm

Mel's off to go soak her feet and look for Leo as he passes her by on his iceberg. Today has been museums and blister plasters.

Mel sneezed her way through brekkie so we stopped in at a chemist and purchased some blister protectors and off brand Claratin. We stoppd on the city walls to apply said plasters (Brit Speak for band-aid) and I continued on slightly paranoid at missing the step I tripped down last time. When I saw that it was actually in a fenced off area, I pointed it out to Mel. "Pshaw! It makes a better story if you could have rolled off!" Apparently the entire wall used to have wrought iron fencing but they took them down during World War 2 and melted them into airplanes and such. La!

We went to the York Museum and got 5 out of 10 of their initial "Put them in order chronologically" quiz. The rest of the museum (once we got away from the overly exuberant curator who Mel said later was flirting with me) had some interesting Roman, Viking, and…

5pm-ish

Took nap… so where were we? Oh yes. And the Dissolution of the monasteries. It also had the evilest looking otter I ever did see. The taxidermist, I believe, was practicing his artistic license. I left Mel in the park to claim us a bench while I tracked down some lunch – sandwhiches – my soda was nearly as expensive as my brie and cranberry (gotta love those British Combos).

We trekked through town finding both a bank and a post office, then off to the quilt museum, which we both agreed was nice, but small for the hefty 6 Pound fee.

A nice old lady told us which bus to take because, as Mel shouted at me in front of nice old lady, "My feet are bloody stumps!" So then we took a nap. We plan to go to another Indian restaurant tonight. It's around the corner. Mel is still napping, but I plan to read and enjoy a nice cuppa and a biscuit!

No comments: