Friday, April 23, 2004

Difficult Days

SWOTD: bobo - goofy
So far it's been a difficult day. I had to sit in my room today with 11 freshman and supervise them while they got to watch the movie of my choice. So we watched my favorite - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I was happy that even with the subtitles they were laughing at most of my favorite parts. I think it's a great movie to show to ELD kids because it does have so much action and physical comedy with only a small portion of violence.

Of course this is nothing compared to my friend Mel's psycho-secretary problems. She told me the story yesterday afternoon and it made me livid. A few days ago, the secretary at her office, in front of several other colleagues made a fat comment to Melissa. Later, one of Melissa's colleagues reported the secretary to her boss. Melissa, believing the comment to be unintentional was called into the boss's office where the secretary admitted that she purposefully made the comment in order to gain revenge and make Mel cry for some comments the secretary had heard about second hand.

Now I think to myself, if someone told me that someone else had called me a "nosy bitch."
Would I
A. Cry and then get over it.
B. Report the gossip to my boss.
C. Confront her in a professional way and clear the air.
D. Make nasty comment in return and then admit it to my boss.

Obviously... Secretary chose D. But wait, it gets better. Once I had left my boss's office, after being called on the carpet by a colleague for a comment I made to another colleage would I
A. Chew out the colleague for snitching on me.
B. Avoid both snitch and targeted person.
C. Admit the unprofesional behavior, and try to rectify it.
D. Secretly poison and kill the snitch's fish while she was out to lunch.

Hmmm... what a hard choice. However Psycho-Sec started with A and finished with D! I told Mel to call the ASPCA... and possibly the guys in the white jackets. This woman is a sociopath. Murdering someone's pets for revenge.

I think Mel's taken the correct view of things. One more comment and she's going to lawyer up. Go Mel! Creepy... just creepy.

No comments: