Monday, April 19, 2004

Spring Break is Over

SWOTD: vaciones de primevera (I think that's right for Spring Break)
Right. So sitting here listening to my kids pretend to read. For many of them that's simply holding a book open and putting their head down on their desk. I know it's early on a Monday morning after spring break and none of us really want to be here, but I brought my PS2 in to show them some news reels from the 1940's. I thought it would be cool and it sort of goes with the Holocaust that we're about to hit hard and heavy.

Testing starts next week and tomorrow the top 100 from PGL come out. I'm sooo googly stomached about the whole thing. I mean, I really don't want to get all excited because I don't want to have my hopes up too high. We only have a 10% chance of making it from the top 1000 to the top 100... but if we make it, then Mel is going to fly out and we have to scrape a video together.... I haven't made a video since high school... but I'm going to give my students that option today.

Lunchtime: Nobody wants to work today. You'd think the one time I brought in video clips for them to see, they'd actually watch them. Nope. Both classes so far have shown no more than a passing interest. I really don't understand the mentality of "it's in black and white, it's old, it's no good." or as Omar put it, "Es feo Miss Mathis." It's ugly.

No comments: