Tuesday, April 20, 2004

"I Feel Pretty and Witty and Wise"

A liberal amount of sarcasm should be applied to the title. Yes, I've had that song running through my head for ages. It's one of the Bernstein tunes we're singing for our Spring Concert. But no, I'm not feeling quite up to par. I was having a pretty good day until 11:05. My story telling activity that I created worked well in Period 1, and I managed to get Period 3 into the library to type their essays... and magically most of them stayed on task for 75 minutes. No problem. I borrowed some of the new ESL videos to preview and headed back to my room with a stack of videos and papers to grade. On my way up the steps I tripped over my own two feet. There's nothing like falling flat on your face with a large audience to watch.

So now I've got two large scuffs on my khaki pants and a knee that's going to have a nice big bruise. Peachy Keen. Still have to walk home and wait until 5:00.

About the first video. Whoah. Lady with 80's hair, glasses the size of Aruba, and the least talent for acting I've seen since watching The Scorpian King. I think I've seen enough. Too much, in fact. The husband has equally large glasses... and a mullet.

No comments: