Monday, September 27, 2004

Conversations

Just had a heart to heart talk with Miguel and Eduardo, two rather immature Latino students in my seventh period. It was more a clarification than anything.
"This is what I want. I want you to sit in your own seat. I want you to read during silent reading, and I want you to do your work. What do you want?"
"Umm... I want that. Yeah, I want that too," Miguel says after Eduardo leaves.
"How do we get that?"
"Dunno."
"Think about it. We already agreed to switch Eduardo. Will that work?"
He thinks for a moment. "Yeah. Yeah."
After further prompting I finally ask, "So what are you going to do on Wednesday?"
"Sit down, be quiet, do my work and read."
"And what happens if you don't?"
"I get dentention?"
"Then?"
"ACE?"
"And then?"
"Referral."
"Good. See you on Wednesday"

Hopefully that will work.

Other than that I think I got myself in trouble on Saturday by singing a song with a duck, kangaroo and orangutan in it in front of Ken and Rob. If you know the song, you'll know why they were so shocked to hear it come from my sweet tempered mouth... even if I'd already had a very large vodka and orange.


No comments: