Wednesday, September 08, 2004

So it's fifth period

And I just finished a stint as signpost directionmaster. The 100 building is shaped like a V. I stood at the point and students shouted out room numbers as they rushed like chickens with their heads cut off. Several of my former students (from Rogers even) who are seniors and juniors were also getting lost. It's scary to think of my little 8th graders who are no longer little.

My ELD 1 classes are small... too small. Hoping fanatically they give them some time to fill up. I have two Cambodian students and they are going to try and put them in the same classes so our single college aide can help them both.

I pulled out my ELD flashcards and went over the alphabet. One of my former students could even alphabetize the cards... in Spanish even. I mean the things have little color codes on them as well, and he still needed help. Yikes.

I have one more conference period and then my reading classes. Hoping not to have a trio of annoyance as in last year's class.

No comments: