Wednesday, August 04, 2004

10:46 Mountain Time - Denver Airport

There's a lot of walking to do in Denver. The trains are cool though there's this strange happy jingly music to announce the doors and these little pinwheely things tacked to the walls of the tunnel that spin wildly as the trains pass. I guess they wanted to have something to look at.

10:56 - Have boarded the plane. I'm in the window seat of the last row and man, I can't wait for the air conditioning to kick in. It's bloody hot. This flight, unlike the last is so not full. I might have an entire row to myself. There's two more blonde kids in front of me and I think my seat pocket is broken. It's slightly eschew.

11:09 Spoke too soon. Now in 32D. Got displaced to an aisle seat in favor of a baby in a car seat. The flight did full up. I guess people in Denver aren't as fast paced as LA.

11:40 Now I'm feeling pissy. You'd think the flight attendants would realize they can be overheard when they talk about people only one row ahead of them. I was critisized for being slow to give up my seat. First of all, I was confused that a baby seat had to be by a window, and by the fact they hadn't reserved a window seat for that purpose. When I bought mine I specifically asked for a window. Mind you, I didn't complain, or whine or bitch. I just moved and yet I'm accused of being mean by the flight attendant. Said baby is now crying. I feel like joining him.

10:00pm EST Sitting on the bed discussing moolah. So far we've had a grand time of Rangoon's - a Chinese Burmese place in Philly's Chinatown - named for Debbie's cat. We also watched the Holy Grail, which I mentioned I had never seen. We had pina coladas and chocolate chip cookies they baked yesterday. Tomorrow we head off for the Big Apple. Whoo Hoo! Hrothgar is watching me suspiciously from the end of the bed. I think he's sore at me because I kicked him off Clare's suitcase. Clare has very little luck in removing the feline from her suitcase. She's too tentative and he just pokes back at her. I on the other hand, am all for the pick'm up and dump routine.

No comments: