Saturday, August 14, 2004

Home Again

Just finished Something Rotten. Really – that’s the title. It’s a Thursday Next novel. Unfortunately I believe it may be the last. I wish I was as clever as Jasper Fforde… but I’m not. I think we’re beginning our descent into LA. After a last bout of Mario, we headed off to the mall – Neshaminy – to buy Clare’s family some candy.

After failed attempts to get Clare some money, we went to the Blue Fountain Diner. I have learned that you can’t drive a mile in Pennsylvania without hitting a diner… kinda like the pubs in England or the Starbucks in LA. They serve the oddest things in their sapad bar, like whole boiled eggs, and chopped liver. Mel ordered chili that I wouldn’t have eaten and I learned it’s very Midwestern to put ketchup in your chili. Right.

After picking up our luggage Mel drove us to the airport. We parked in Terminal A to see Clare off. No tears… but we were sad. On the way back I noticed that my flight to DC was cancelled due to Charley most likely – so we went back to the car, drove to Terminal E parking and walked back to Terminal D and approached the lineless United counter. The nice man made my day. “Well, we can put you on our direct flight to LAX leaving at 6:30. It pays to check in early, doesn’t it?” Yup.

I was a bit squished at first, but the gentleman in the center seat wasted no time in asking for an empty aisle seat. So that means there’s an empty seat between me and the guy reading There She Is… who I coincidently was sitting next to in the waiting area as well. He’s listening to country music so loudly through his headphones I could probably sing along.

The movie – Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind – weird trip. I can see the lights below and there goes the landing gear. Too bad I’m not near a window. I am beat. I can’t wait to tell Liz about my Grand Adventure… especially since she was nice enough to pick me up.

No comments: