Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Aiplane Rants: 6:37 am

On the plane after a quick call to Mell giving her permission to split my half of the fun between them until I get there. I've got an emergency aisle seat near the window with a recently graduated USC basketball player's feet stretched out in the space between me and the window. I suppose if you're that tall, you're picky about seat assignment. I love emergency rows - I feel less closed in. I suppose Jenny of the Short Legs should leave those spots for basketball players... and Clare, but I guess I'm just selfish.

So we've got 15 minutes to take off and I can either write or watch the faces as they go down the aisle. It's a strangely blonde group. The poor basketbal player had to move. He's F, not A, so he still gets room to stretch.

7:30 - So the guy next to me inflated a black neck pillow and is already fast asleep. He keeps twitching. Reminds me of Eddie when he's in his dream state. Flight Attendant bumped him awake and I took my opportunity to get up to use the loo. He was asleep again by the time I got back.

No comments: