Monday, August 09, 2004

King of Prussia and Valley Forge

So we got a new idea… well, Mel got it and I of course am making it my own. In her Virginia Jones series, we’re writing on Virginia and her two friends at an all girls’ boarding school circa 1906. We started discussing this during dinner at Don Pablos, a semi-decent Mexican joint (the only one in Penndel) with slow service. We had a big ass fried ice cream for dessert in a huge martini glass… really because Clare was curious and had never had it before. Yum. It was quickly demolished.

Earlier in the day we went to The King of Prussia Mall which, as Mel tells us, is the largest mall on the East Coast. It was okay. (You know me and shopping.) Mel and Clare forced me into buying a cool stripey skirt and a shirt… total of $25. Sale Baby! I struck out on shoes though. Mel bought some patent leather deals with heels.

We went into Tiffanies and Clare realized she never got a picture of the one in New York so we stood her outside the sign and took pictures. Then this mall security guy told us we couldn’t take pictures in the mall. It wasn’t like we were photographing the jewels. It was a sign for goodness sakes!

After we shopped we went to Valley Forge… which was conveniently practically next door. We visited the gift shop and grabbed a map and did a very cool self driving tourto all the different sights. Lots of beautiful scenery… and deer too. Yeah. The first time we saw one I told Mel to stop the car so I could get a picture. A lady drove by on a bike and told me I could take a picture of her too. I realized why she was laughing at me when later we drove through more countryside plagued with deer. They were almost as numerous as the cannons.

No comments: