Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Mountain Time

10:46 - Denver Airport

There's a lot of walking to do in Denver. The trains are cool though. There's this strange happy jingly music to announce the doors and these little metal pinwheely things tacked to the walls of the tunnel.

10:56 - Have boarded plane. I'm in the window seat of the last row and man, I can't wait for air conditioning. It's bloody hot. This flight, unlike the last is so not full. I might have the entire row to myself. There's two more blonde kids in front of me and I think my seat pocket is broken. It's slightly eschew.

11:09 - Spoke too soon. Now in 32 D. Got displaced to an aisle seat in favor of a baby in a car seat. The flight did fill up. I guess people in Denver aren't as fast paced as LA.

11:40 am - Now I'm feeling pissy. You'd think the flight attendants would realize they can be overheard when they talk about people only one row ahead of them. I was critisized for being slow to give up my seat. First of all, I was confused that a baby seat had to be by a window, and they hadn't previously booked one. Secondly, I had specifically asked for a window seat when I bought my ticket. Mind you, I didn't complain or whine or bitch. I just moved and yet I'm accused of being mean. Said baby now crying. I feel like joining him. (Side note: As the plane taxied into the gate, baby coughed and spit chewed shredded wheat all over me. Wonderful. How do I get this stuff off without betraying my cool exterior?)

No comments: