Tuesday, August 31, 2004

School Days

So I'm sitting in my classroom. I've got my posters unrolled and weighted down with dictionaries. I dragged my desks back where I like them. The floors are nice and shiny. They'll stay that way for oh, a week before going back to the dusty dullness. I'm so glad they let the floor dry more thouroughly than last year before moving everything back in. Sometimes the resin isn't quite dry and the furniture sticks to the floors. Gives new meaning to nailed down. And when you move said furniture, after unsticking it of course, there's usually an unsightly ring... kind of like when you move a chair off a carpet, but not this year! I still have failed to get keys for the closet. Man, who do you have to murder? I thought when one of the teacher retired, I could confiscate his, but we (school secretary and I) can't find them.

Now there's a lot of unschool stuff from the past two weeks that I should tell you about... a coolio book signing, an uber funny short film premier, and the getting of a roomie... but that will wait until later. Gotta actually do some work, man.

No comments: