Monday, July 19, 2004

Gremlins

I got distracted.  By my quilt… and Gremlins… seriously.  It came on about midnight and I would pause it… (TiVo is sooo cool) and then head over to my monster quilt and start sewing. That way, I could skip all the commercials.  I totally forgot this was a Christmas movie.  I loved the movie when I was a kid.  I think I remember having nightmares about Gremlins at the foot of my bed and those big ugly dog monsters from Ghostbusters outside my door. I loved noticing all the Spielberg touches.  The local radio guy had mock Indy posters and the gremlin in the toy store was hiding behind an ET doll. Yeah, the whole thing is cheesy but I don’t regret staying up to watch it… even if it meant a night on the couch at my parents house. Besides… this morning, Mommy let me make her French Toast.  Hehehe… she wasn’t hard to convince either. I’m sure she’s find some sort of errand for me to accompany her on this afternoon, if I stay that long.

My little monsters are coming quite along.  I finished the appliqué phase and started cutting and sewing together all these little squares that I’m going to cut apart make into more squares.  Hahahah… I’m going a little batty.

No comments: