Friday, July 30, 2004

Itchy Scratchy and Lost and Found

Okay... so I really need to do something to take my mind off my arm. The iron burn is driving me crazy... I just want to take my fingers and scratch my arm off.

Yesterday was a complete day of Lost and Found. First of all I headed off to school to talk with Ye ol Principal and realized I had forgotten my wallet upstairs. So I drive back around the corner, park, get up to my apartment and realize that my wallet was probably in my bag... back in the car. Yup.

So I park in the green zone and head in to talk to the principal who seems more interested in moving his furniture around than talking to me.
"Can I talk to you for a minute?"
"You're not leaving are you? I really need an ELD teacher."
So he gives me the news that he hired a history teacher to replace Lunderville, rather than farm out all the sheltered classes to different teachers. He also moved Grace over to the Spanish Dept. and is now looking for a new ELD teacher for 2 and 3. Whoo hoo! Hoo Hoo Hoo! Maybe I'll get a replacement that is closer to my own age and doesn't have a penchant for cleaning up other people's rooms. (And not just mine)

So I finish my chat and wander over to the copy machine. I get halfway up the stairs to my class and realize I've lost my school keys. So I wander around the office looking bereft and in increasing mode of panic. I head out and search the car. Then I think I must have left them upstairs when I went to look for my wallet. So drive home, go upstairs, start searching and then realize said keys were in my back pocket. ARGHHHH!

So after class, where I lost my study sheet and had to get a new one from the prof, went to the bookstore to pick up my nice little copy of Just a Geek. Guy in the store lost it. He spent like 10 minutes trying to find it. I know they had it somewhere... They'd called me and said it would be in until the 4th of August. Finally he finds it and I wander triumphantly back home.

So up the stairs I go and see a red Netflix envelope sticking out of my screen door. So I figure someone got one of mine by mistake. I open it up and it's the Harry Potter documentary I reported missing in JUNE! Holy Mackeral!

Maybe the owl post got lost.

No comments: