Monday, July 12, 2004

Maurader's Map

I'm miffed for no real reason. I decided to try and get out of some of the heat of the day and see HP3 for the second time. So I get to the end of it, and realize something I'd forgotten about. The midnight opening showing (12:05 really) had totally left off the ending credits. I remember thinking... Did John Williams do this score as well? Let's wait and see...
They finished the movie and then turned off the film and let everyone out. Liz and I pondered it, but went home anyway.

But the ending credits were cool! They emulated the maurader's map and rather trailed across the screen with little footprints... one of them tapped away next to the music credits, another turned into paws and back again, and yet other little feet danced. At the end, Harry's voice came up and said "Mischief Managed, and the map with the credits folded up to reveal the title screen, then disappeared like the map. Spiffy.

I've been very impressed with some of the credits lately. Last week it was with the signatures for The Terminal. It really matched the visual image of the movie. Both were really cool ideas. Anyway...

Tomorrow's my birthday, my birthday, my birthday.

I'm old... and I have to go to class on my birthday. Sigh. Nobody can be mean to me.

No comments: