Friday, July 16, 2004

KMK

Lizzie gave me a coolio Porterific B-Day present today.  We went to see KMK at the Carpenter.  Tricia surprised me the other day by actually making a reference to it.  I really think this was one of the best productions I've seen of it, even though it lacked CW. 

I was really impressed with the opening number and the dresser.  We must have been in her cheering section.  I think her daughter was seating the row in front of her and the people in the back kept making catcalls.  Another Openin' is hard to sing and the one we saw on tour just didn't seem to have the lungs for it.  They did cut out From this Moment On.... it was in the program, but nobody sang it.

Lizzie took the metro so I met her downtown at one of the stations.  I was a little early so I figured I'd pull into the Ralphs parking lot and hang out for a bit before making a circle.  Lizzie scared the shit out of me when she showed up at my window.  She apparently got off the train just in time to see my little neon pull into the lot.  We drove around until we hit The Pike and went to CPK.  Our waitress was peppy. Lizzie tried to get her to sing, but she said they didn't do that here, so instead we got free dessert.  About halfway through dinner, a group of about 50 teenagers came in and filled up an entire section of the restaurant.

Overall, it was an extremely pleasant night.  Thanks Lizzie!

No comments: