Saturday, July 10, 2004

Jackie Chan and Billy Bob

Once again, I had a Netflix and IMDB weekend. So I was sitting there, watching this great anime flick called Princess Mononoke. It was one of those that kept popping up on Netflix so I put it in my queue. So I'm a sucker for cartoons anyway, but this was great. I kept hearing the voices and thinking... this person sounds familiar. Dunno who it is... though. The only voice I could recognize was Gillian Anderson. That's where IMDB comes in. "Oh! That's Minnie Driver! That's Claire Danes. Right... that's Billy Bob." IMHO, BB is not a talented voice actor.

So the next movie I recieved was Gorgeous. I think it's my new favorite Jackie Chan movie. I started to watch it with the English VO's and then stopped when I noticed that THEY HAD SOMEONE ELSE VOICE JACKIE CHAN! Even when he was speaking English in the film. So I went back to subtitles. I think the voice overs rather take away some of the beauty of the original performance.

No comments: