Thursday, July 15, 2004

Politics Shmolotics and Ya Ya

So after all the Fahrenheit 911 hype and crappiness, I was a little tentative when Bowling for Columbine showed up in my mailbox.  Yes, I’d put it in my queue, but months ago before everything was stirred up.  I plugged it into my Playstation and watched Michael Moore harass and harangue everyone and then shout after them when they shut their doors in his face.  I do believe he has a point about the media exploiting the fears of America.  What he fails to say in his rather one sided emotional plea to his fans, is that the media is just as liberal as those gun toting Republicans are conservative.  I have a hard time taking him seriously after he spent so much time media hyping using the same machine he wanted to blame for the Columbine Massacre.

On to other things.  Politics Shmolotics.

In complete contrast to Mr. Moore, the YaYa’s also invaded my mailbox.  It was cute… especially the Irish fiancé. Grrr.  For some reason I had a slight problem identifying with the Mom and her breakdown.  I did like the relationship between the mom and the daughter though.  There’s always a lot of humoring going on between a mom and daughter.  At least that’s how it is in my family. Again… good stories have something in it that people can attach universally to.

No comments: