Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Spidey

Finally broke down and went to watch a movie by myself. I tend to feel a little self conscious just heading down there by my lonesome. I'm always afraid I'll run into some students and they'll think I'm weird.

I was totally surprised at how many people were in the theater to see a Tuesday 2:00 matinee of Spider-Man 2. Once I seated myself with my megacinnapretzel and my medium Diet Coke (of which I can't even drink half and still have no idea how Liz does), I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. With that kind of crowd, I understand why Cartier wants us to actually go to the theaters. Laughs seem bigger when you're with a crowd. I really do love to go to premier nights, especially with large fan bases - Star Wars, The Matrix, Harry Potter. All of those were lots of fun.

Spider-Man really made use of the sympathetic ordinary man hero. It was corny and cheesy and sappy in parts, but that's what I went to see. I've not been disappointed by any of the sequels I've gone to see this summer - HP3, Shrek2, or Spidey.

I think next time I'll go see the Terminal.

No comments: