Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Idiots

I think there should be a law against idiots who peel past a building at six o'clock in the morning... making it sound like someone's about to come crashing into my window.  Yeah I know that's impossible, considering I live on the second floor, yet it's 6:34 and I'm sitting here at my computer typing away when I should still be sound asleep in my little beddy-by. Because now los gatos are up and wandering about as well. I think they're a little confounded by my cleaning.

I finally put down the trundle and then Norman simply stared at the narrow window ledge he's so found of looking out from.  Then I realized that's how Ed was getting up onto my computer desk.  As much as I complain about how much Eddie loves me, I didn't really mean to disrupt their well ordered lives. 

Oh, they're just going to have to get used to it.  Life is, of course, life.  And change is good. I need a few changes... except for the getting up at 6:30 part.  That will come soon enough when I have to get back into work schedule... but when I'm teaching, I don't go to bed at one o'clock thinking I can sleep in.

Again, despite my complaining, the coolness of the morning is my most productive part of the day.  Once the afternoon heat hits,  the only thing I feel like doing is sitting underneath my bedroom window and reading something. 

Norm's pacing under the window again. He's actually sitting up on two legs trying to look out... maybe I'll take pitty and put something there for him to... never mind... he just jumped up there by himself. I'm  amazed at his agility.

 

No comments: