Sunday, July 25, 2004

Revolutions

Just finished watching The Lady and the Duke about a British lady (well, mistress of kings and princes, more like) and the Duke of Orleans during the French Revolution.  It reminded me a lot of Pimpy, simply because she manages to save one guy from having his head cut off and nearly dies herself... good ol' Robespierre loses his first.

Lizzie called in the first five minutes so I chatted with her for a while and then finally bought my airplane tickets... so it's official... I'm going to Pennsylvania.  We're going to see the phone booth that Harrison Ford used in Witness.  Ah, come on, you know that sounds like fun.

Otherwise I've had a fairly relaxed day.  I saw The Sword and the Sorcerer this morning... which was kind of like someone setting Conan the Barbarian in Aurthurian England.  Odd.  Very odd... but with some cool cheesy bloody special effects.  And lots of sword jokes.  The hero had one... with three blades, two of which he could shoot off with great precision.  I wonder if people said the same things about bald men with swords as they do about bald men in convertible....


No comments: