Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Not So Disappointed Anymore

Well, finally got down to looking at who one the Project Greenlight contest.  Not so disappointed that my script didn't make it if they were looking for the type of trash that won. The first few pages have people trying to dump toxic waste in caves only to be stopped by Greenpeace Hippies who are very shortly and graphically eaten by monsters.

Oh goody.

http://projectgreenlight.liveplanet.com/pgl3/writer/pdf/feast.pdf

It doesn't get any better from there. So I knew from the start that they were looking for something more thriller or horror like, but at least they could have picked a GOOD one.  This bloodbath would have never gotten past me.  I'm sorry, but a serious of graphic violence and idiotic one liners does not make a movie.

In the long run, I'm now not sure I want to see the trainwreck.  I'll probably just end up watching it for the amusement factor.  I doubt this movie will be financially successful either.

No comments: