Friday, July 23, 2004

Monster Tops

So I finished my Monster Quilt top.  I cut everything out, sewed eyelashes on the Dragon Madam, and even managed to get some pretty good corners "for a beginner" (words o' Mom).  I used green sashing with yellow cornerstones and a single half triange square border of the background fabric and the various leftover batiques from the monsters. It's all iron mongered and now Mom's going to take it to one of her quilting buddy meetings and ask for suggestions on how to quilt it.  (Translate that into bragging about her daughter time and getting lots of attention in the meantime.)

Uh oh, Eddie's eyeing my mouse again... I know he's going to just sit right on top of it.  That seems to be his newest favorite spot to sit and watch me play with this little plastic clicking thing. He used to be content with sitting on the bed or trying to sit on my lap.  Have you ever tried to type over a cat?

Anyway... Mom dragged me to the butchers so she could buy stuffed porkchops... yum and then over to Vons to buy dessert.  I talked her into a dulce de leche cake.  It was pretty good.

No comments: